Someone's been cutting firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
Its not a great picture as I broke the rules and snapped it with the phone cam while driving but someone has been cutting and they were hauling a biiiig load of firewood in front of me today about an hour and a half from our home. We were en route to my wife's 96 year old grandmother's place for a late Christmas celebration.

Attachments

• firewood load 2.jpg
    firewood load 2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 440
Looks like a nice neat haul! It's cutting time for sure. I hope to be at it both days this weekend!

Thems' some mighty big splits there! What kind of burner do you suppose he uses?

I just hope whoever it is does not burn that wood this season as it is fresh cut live poplar.

Concerning the size of the splits I was wondering the same thing myself as the splits are waaaay too big for most woodstoves I have seen.

Maybe the Blaze King users believe in the idea of using such big splits....once they are seasoned ;)

Who knows what they are using it in. If my wife and kids weren't along I might have considered following them home to ask as it is always good meeting fellow woodburners.

lowroadacres said:
Concerning the size of the splits I was wondering the same thing myself as the splits are waaaay too big for most woodstoves I have seen.
The length of the splits may have yeilded a clue. Some furnaces and/or OWB take some pretty long wood.

As for split size, maybe he just wanted them down to a managable size to transport. They can always be resplit later. Rather than not have enough big splits and too many small ones, I will often be resplitting as I'm bringing them in to meet whatever the demand is.

Status
Not open for further replies.