Somerset pellets at Lowe's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamInVa

Minister of Fire
Jun 14, 2011
Eastern, Virginia
I stopped by lowes today to pickup some stuff and as always checked out the pellet stash. To my surprise they had somersets but at $5.97!!! Crazy...

I got four bags to try out anyhow. I now have eight different brands to test.

b777037b.gif

5.97 each might be a bit high for Big Box store, but the cold is on our doorstep, prices will rise and overall, $238.8 is not too bad for Somersets. Add in a moving coupon and you are down to 214.92. Personally, I would jump on 2 extra ton at that price if they were up here.

edit: Math was off DOH !!!!! :red:

Yeah 298 is too high for these, even with the coupon.................................

j-takeman said:
I just wish I could find them near me! Errrrrr!

GrahamInVa

Let me know how you like them?

I sure will... I have added it to a excel spreadsheet in progress. :)

I bought one truckload from the Lowe's in Poughkeepsie,NY a few minutes from work. I wish the Danbury store carried them.

Somersets are the best pellet in my area. IMHO. I think you will be impressed.. Not only do they produce Copious amounts of heat. They also have very low ash and best of all, they are a very short pellet and the Quad loves them. They are $175 a ton at the Menards by me (all 3 Menards around me).. I wish the Wife would let me stock more.

I would love to buy a truckload of them (22 ton) and store them in my 30 x 40 barn. Maybe one day... Once I get the Fahrenheit installed. I hope to turn my pellet crib into a closet and make a much larger storage room. One to hold around 12-20 ton.

Somerset have been one of the most consistent pellet I have burned for the last several years. In fact I am burning a bag as I type. They are around $175 a ton in Michigan too. Buying these pellets, if the price is right, is a no-brainer to me! I think you will like them!

Somersets have been by far the best for me, even better than some Barefoots I tried in the spring.

Lowes in Rochester NH just got a shipment of 4 tons of Green Team in today. Wish they could have the Somerset though

You will love the Somersets... I found some in Eastern CT back in February and grabbed 2.5 tons @ $207....wish I could have grabbed more but NO room. Just redid my shed and now can jam 6 tons easy. Now scratching for some shoulder pellets and picked up a couple bags of Fireside at HD. These are now $207 and I am not picky for some Nov-Dec late Mar-April pellets. Would ideally like to score some Green Team but good luck to that! Never see Stove Chow around here as I would like to score some to try.

hesria said:
Lowes in Rochester NH just got a shipment of 4 tons of Green Team in today. Wish they could have the Somerset though

That's good to know, my stove loves the green team's.

Somerset’s are a great pellet, I'm actually burning them right now as well.. Good heat and low ash, lowest ash pellet I burn but when the night's get real low I throw in the HAMER'S..

G/L,
SHOC

I'm burning Somersets as we speak (type) also. Thanks to DexterDays message to me, I got them for 175.00 at Menard's in Sandusky! Hasn't been cold enough for a true test, but preliminary tests in my stove seems to have the Pro-pellets burning a bit hotter and producing more flame than the Somersets. Time will tell!

Got 2 ton's last spring at Bloomfield Lowes for well under $200 a ton, tried green team but due to there length i liked the 'set's better, also my buddy bought 5 ton of green team and now says there 's alot of ash as he's been burning since last friday

I bought Somersets today at Tractor Supply in Paris, KY for $4.69 a bag.
I joined this forum last week & am thankful for all the information I have gleaned thus far. I feel right at home.
My US Stove 5660 is being installed today. Pictures to follow once the craziness slows a bit. I've got roofers here replacing barn roofs destroyed in a major hail storm, 20 tons of hay being delivered and loaded into haylofts plus the pellet stove install.

Ah yes .. Somersets are great pellet.. thats all I burn anymore.. I'm getting them at 214 a ton and have them delivered for 15 dollars a ton..I have 4 tons now and need just one more....

Jon_Chase said:
I bought Somersets today at Tractor Supply in Paris, KY for $4.69 a bag.
I joined this forum last week & am thankful for all the information I have gleaned thus far. I feel right at home.
My US Stove 5660 is being installed today. Pictures to follow once the craziness slows a bit. I've got roofers here replacing barn roofs destroyed in a major hail storm, 20 tons of hay being delivered and loaded into haylofts plus the pellet stove install.

Welcome Jon,

The farm sounds very busy. Milk farm? Wife and I had a mini farm and raise some beef herefords. Still have some chickens, But I know my wife misses the cows.

When you get the chance for the pictures, We'd love to see them.
Enjoy the new stove.

>The farm sounds very busy. Milk farm? Wife and I had a mini farm and raise some beef herefords. Still have some chickens, But I know my wife misses the cows.

When you get the chance for the pictures, We'd love to see them.
Enjoy the new stove.<

Thanks! There's a ton of great information here.

Horse farm actually. Farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Lots of history here. House was built in the 1850's - many renovations over the years. Stone barns/stables built in the 1820's were used to house slaves as they were moved east/west into and out of Virginia.

A drafty old house which is hard to heat in the first place combined with exorbitant propane and electric bills last winter sent me to a pellet stove. Not much choice in these parts. It's running just fine - a bit noisy, but I'd rather hear that than the furnace. Now I need to figure out when to use it and how to circulate the warm air from one end of the first floor where the stove is to the other. I'm guessing a doorway fan will help.

Pictures soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.