Somersets for $3.18/bag in Ohio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drtnshtr

Jan 26, 2008
Ohio
This may have been posted already but Menards in Lancaster Ohio has them on sale thru 2/6 for $3.18/bag.

Thats a great price compared to middle Tennessee price.Somersets in M.Tennessee have been marked down from $5.99 to $5.49 at T.S.C.Wow what a deal...
Tony

yeh thats pretty cheap. Their regular price is only about $4.50/bag. They are on sale at least once a month but this is the lowest they have ever priced them. They usually drop them down to about $4.00/bag if I remember right.

Time for a pellet run.

I just got word that Carrolls feed mill in Laurelville Ohio sells pellets for $150/ton and will also sell them by the bag at $3.00/bag. Im not sure what kind yet but it sounds like they are American Wood Fibers. This would make sense seeing as how AWF has a distribution center 20 minutes away from Laurelville.

Reefwonders said:
Time for a pellet run.
Did you call them to see how many pallets they have left? It being Menards its tough to tell because they keep everything around back and its not easily seen. They usually keep a ton or so on the floor inside the store.

last day today for Menards $318/bag deal but they have new sale tag on the shelf already for next week at $3.49.

I like the Somersets, but when my stove is very clean and running good I need to open up the feed rate alittle more with the somersets to get that 4-5 " inch burn above the pot. Since the pellets themselves are pretty short I think that is why .... I've already burnt through my somersets for this season ...

Status
Not open for further replies.