Sons first hunt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdrobertson

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2007
West Michigan
Good evening my son spent with his Grandfather out in the woods.

Attachments

• Logans first kill.jpg
    Logans first kill.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 464
Is that a air rifle or 22, looks like he had a great time

Squirrel hunting is a great way to start the younguns. He'll always remember that first one.

btw, have you seen that short video of a guy skinning a squirrel that is really a neat way to do it? Much easier too.

That smile tells it all.

I am waiting for the day to take my little guys...

Backwoods Savage said:
Squirrel hunting is a great way to start the younguns. He'll always remember that first one.

btw, have you seen that short video of a guy skinning a squirrel that is really a neat way to do it? Much easier too.

Easy peasy!

great photo.

I took my son when he was young. Put him on the best tree - but of course - he couldn't sit still or keep quiet -so the squirrels just barked and mocked us.

Just before dusk, he gets a shot off and thinks he got one, but we can't find it. My brother tells him to walk around the tree again, and slips a squirrel out of his game bag on the ground..... my son says- "Here it is!!! I told you I got it!" Huge smile - made his trip.

My brother and I still get a kick out of that one.

I miss all the quail hunting we did as kids. I have eaten squirrel - but nothing beats a bobwhite quail.

Status
Not open for further replies.