Sooty Blow-by....adjustable sleeved venting pipe section.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigruckus

Jun 2, 2011
Northern Maine, Millinocket
Thought I would clean my vent pipes and try the clean mode on on stove..I have a Thelin Parlour 3000 pellet stove and it has a clean button...you have to remove the heat exchanger cover plates and brush down the vent tubes..then close the door leaving the door opened an inch and then press the clean button for 45 seconds..well you should of saw the soot that came out of my adjustable vent pipe sleeve...the wife was not happy...anyways I cleaned it up and applied a high temp silicon around the sliding seam and spray painted the pipe with black high heat paint...looks good but will have to check it out next time I clean the stove pipe....I think next year I will buy a solid vent pipe section and remove the adjustable one..I also applied 3 screws once I seal it..

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.