Southern Maryland People...where do you buy your pellets and what do you like/dislike?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightyear

Dec 24, 2010
Maryland
I bought power pellets last year, and was pleased but cost was $229 and decided to end the year with stove chow from HD for $197. That worked well.

This year, bought 2 tons from them (Stove Chow) and not really impressed with the heat.

Thinking of going back to power pellets, but not sure...

I'm in northern MD but I am pretty happy with the Statesman brand I get at Southern States. Check one out near you. Also if you have a Tractor Supply, last year they were selling AWF's which were OK

I used Power Pellets and Lignetics last year. Got the Power Pellets at True Value in Laplata. This year I've got 1 ton of Power Pellets, I also got a ton of Lignetics from Tractor Supply in White Plains for $179.

Status
Not open for further replies.