Speeco price increase...Huskee to follow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intheswamp

Jun 25, 2010
South Central Alabama
I thought I'd mention that Speeco apparently just had a hefty price increase in the last couple of days. I had been looking at the 25 ton UB model but was waiting on the TSC managers to get back from there convention to see if they would come off some on the 22-ton Huskee...seems while I waited Speeco jumped the prices a good 10%....I wonder if Huskee will be following suit???

Just thought I'd mention it in case some of you have been looking at splitters lately.

Ed

PS... You snooze, you lose.<sigh>

Prolly due to steel prices.

Will

Whenever gas prices rise as they are doing, everything else will continue to go up.

Hmmm, just logged onto TSC's website and the 22-ton non-CARB model splitter's price appears to have followed the Speeco brand price increase. The non-CARB model is showing to be the same price as the CARB compliant one. Both are showing $1199.00 now, whereas the non-CARB was at $999.00 last month. This may be due to Speeco possibly going all CARB-compliant with their engine choices/options.

I've gotta pick up some dogfood in the next few days so I'll see what they're pricing them at at the local store.

FWIW
Ed

Steel, electricity and fuel are all up in cost. It not only costs more to buy the raw materials to make these splitters, but it now costs more to make them and one hell of a lot more to ship them to the stores. Raising the prices is no surprise.

mayhem said:
Steel, electricity and fuel are all up in cost. It not only costs more to buy the raw materials to make these splitters, but it now costs more to make them and one hell of a lot more to ship them to the stores. Raising the prices is no surprise.

No arguing with cost of goods... I will point out that if the prices I see are correct, then Speeco went up 20% on the Huskee 22-ton compared to maybe a touch over 10% on the Speeco branded splitters.

Ed

Thats a big jump, but the price of the Huskee 22 ton units have been stable for a very long time...years its listed at $999.

mayhem said:
Thats a big jump, but the price of the Huskee 22 ton units have been stable for a very long time...years its listed at $999.
Your right they kept the cost down for years but all the time they were cheaping them up. As good as I think the Speeco units are they developed many issues over the last few years by integrating China made parts in to them. Good example is the 27 and 35ton foots. When they first started bending people thought is was a fluke. Then the problem exploded till someone exploited the cast China foot they were putting on them. I have a buddy who is on his third beam assembly. Good thing they have excellent customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.