Split a cord and half

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naandme

Jan 16, 2011
Eaton, Indiana
Well Jay was right lol Didn't take long to get a headache this morning but still split a cord and a half of osage, hackberry, and some black locust this morning still have about 5+ cords to go on spliting but making progress on spliting but cutting more this week Got to love it!!

You Rock..............Man It was brutal this A.M.

wood spliter said:
Whats the temp been by you guys? Man its been colder here than I can remember for 10 years or so.
I'm a little south of those guys, but it was chilly this AM....single digits, about 15* below normal. But not much wind here, and it warmed up nicely today. Looks like the worst is past now.
I was able to get out in the afternoon and cut/split a couple of standing dead Dogwoods. Almost all the bark was off, so they should be semi-dry. I'm grasping at straws now, trying to make it to spring with my meager wood supply. December killed my pile with the low temps. I've got a down Ash close by, so I'll check that next. I really need to pick up a moisture meter....

Good work, Naandme! :)

Thanks Guys, And it was cold when I got up at 6:00 it was 1 started about 8:30 it had gotten up to a meger 2 then but by noon it wasn't too bad. A couple nice breaks in the shop were it was 70 around the stove PERFECT Day

Ya, that cold can get to you fast. I've noticed that as I've aged, the cold gets to me a lot quicker even though I have a lot more fat than when I was young!

btw, I noticed that at 9:00 this morning Pellston, MI still had -28. I think we are a bit above zero now but not much. Starting tomorrow the weather doesn't look so cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.