Splitting Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiebrown

Nov 6, 2010
North Alabama
I have noticed folks talking about various brands of splitters. I did quite a bit of research before buying one. I bought a 37 ton from Northern Hydraulics. What a machine ! this thing has no conscious!. It has not refused to split anything I have put in it and believe me I'm pretty demanding. Also it has the Honda engine on it which is my favorite. Just my 2 cents for anyone thinking about buying a splitter. Also this is year 3 I have been using it.

Those sure look like nice splitters. Honda engine is a nice feature, too. Glad to hear you like it so well!

is this it slew?

1114_lg.jpg

i see its only $1800 and thats what i paid for my little machine %-P man i would love to live in the states!! :)

still cant figure out why our stuff is so expensive??

loon

No doubt that thing is a beast. It should last a long, long time. Try to keep track of how many cords of wood you get split with it. I know our splitter is 20 years old or more but do not have an exact total on how much it has split. I can say it is a lot and even though ours is only 20 ton, it too is a beast.

Yes its a serious splitter if you get into gnarly wood it will just shear it into if need be. Worst part is I love to split wood with it and we have all ours worked up, Well I guess I will go deer hunting instead !!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.