Splitting and stacking done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudbug250

Burning Hunk
Dec 17, 2011
Central Mississippi
Well I got all rounds split up and stacked Friday Saturday and today. Now I have to start over again. I have enough pallets for two more racks. I still have some hickory I can get and following a lead on scrounging from a local logging site.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353901759.180402.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353901794.327811.jpg
Before

That much wood should last yo a while.
Good BTU stuff ;)

It would season shorter that way. But take a lot more time to stack. This wood will not be burned until '14 or 15'. So in the Mississippi heat this wood will be very seasoned by then. I have some that I cut last december and it lights and burns like a champ already. I was just getting back into the firewood lifestyle last year.

Nice work there mudbug. Nice to be ahead on the BTUs. What is the weather like down there now?

Warmer today, another front coming through tonight. Possible severe weather. Then colder, then hotter later in the week. I wish it would get cold and stay cold.

Mudbug, do you have cattle? I noticed the fence.

My neighbor has horses next door right now, but puts cows over there periodically. And my uncle on the other side of my property has cattle. I had horses at one point in time, but almost got killed by one and sold the money eaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.