Splitting cannot be easier?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
So today I awakened with the intention of splitting some knotty maple and some oak that I have piled at a neighbor's house only to find snow cover on the ground.

Apparently mother nature has no desire to see me finish my wood c/s/s this season. First, cannot get into the woods. Now when I have a full day of splitting there is snow down and changing over to rain. Sometimes makes you reconsider what a wonderful thing this wood heat is, but then you get out there and start working and think "Life is ultimately good!"

Remkel said:
So today I awakened with the intention of splitting some knotty maple and some oak that I have piled at a neighbor's house only to find snow cover on the ground.

Apparently mother nature has no desire to see me finish my wood c/s/s this season. First, cannot get into the woods. Now when I have a full day of splitting there is snow down and changing over to rain. Sometimes makes you reconsider what a wonderful thing this wood heat is, but then you get out there and start working and think "Life is ultimately good!"
I agree we still have snow knee deep in the woods and full mud season, planned on cutting a few down today but 15 mph winds might slow that down

Don't forget there are 365 days in a year. Most times there are also 52 weekends even though it usually seems there are only about 20.

I stipulate the days in a year and the number of weekends- but, there are jobs that go into the weekends, there are families that have activities, and there are other commitments that do not necessarily provide prior notice. Eventually I will get it done.

And don't forget that that time goes so much faster as you grow older. I never noticed it much until after age 40 or so and then in my 50's it really accelerated. Now it is warp speed.

Backwoods Savage said:
And don't forget that that time goes so much faster as you grow older. I never noticed it much until after age 40 or so and then in my 50's it really accelerated. Now it is warp speed.

Well, hit 40 this past December and I believe I heard "Warp speed Mr. Sulu" from a distant corner of my living room----or it just could have been me falling asleep to Star Trek on the TV- not certain....

shouldntbesocomplicated said:
It only speeds up from there

I certainly hope not- I am having trouble keeping up with life as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.