splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood spliter

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, ny
Did some splitting today when the rain broke.

Attachments

• oak.jpg
    oak.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 715
Man, those are awfully small splits!
Oh, n/m, it's just the extremely small size of the pic.
Good job getting some wood split. Did some myself today. Last time I split any was back in February.

I figure I split almost a cord of Beech and a little bit of Oak today. Keep it coming.

PapaDave said:
Man, those are awfully small splits!
Oh, n/m, it's just the extremely small size of the pic.
Good job getting some wood split. Did some myself today. Last time I split any was back in February.
I don't know what happened to the picture. You ca usually enlarge them.

That shrinkage of the picture is because of all that sweating you did when splitting. Man, I hate splitting in this weather. Winter or early spring is my time for splitting. No bugs then either.

Backwoods Savage said:
That shrinkage of the picture is because of all that sweating you did when splitting. Man, I hate splitting in this weather. Winter or early spring is my time for splitting. No bugs then either.
I definitely did some sweating and will do some tomorrow as well

Backwoods Savage said:

I'm with Dennis, now that I'm ahead I try to avoid any splitting in this weather. I will cut a little here and there as time allows but it's just getting tossed into a pile till the cooler fall air hits.

I plan on splitting some tomorrow, forcasted at 62-65 for a high, early morning showers. assuming I can get outta work at a reasonable time! 7 cords needs splitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.