Spokane Valley WA - Pellet stove fire destroys two vehicles - Car parked next to pellet stove??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

http://www.khq.com/story/5935525/pellet-stove-fire-destroys-two-vehicles?redirected=true

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - An early-morning house fire sent twenty-five firefighters to the 14000 block of East Sharp around 2:30 a.m. Saturday. Most of the damage was confined to the garage, destroying one car and one truck. No one was injured.

Firefighters believe the fire started with the pellet stove inside the home, and remind homeowners to use extreme caution with your heat source during this extreme cold spell.

Attachments

• SpokaneWAPelletStoveCarsFire.jpg
    SpokaneWAPelletStoveCarsFire.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 292
SmokeyTheBear said:
Store some ashes in the garage did they or did they have a stove in the garage?

I wish these articles had more detail so we could learn something more!!

SmokeyTheBear said:

Or worse yet...pray they didn't VENT the stove into the garage?? Seems like the fire would have been IN the garage to have damaged the vehicles. Some people aren't too bright... just saying ... ;)

DobieMom said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Or worse yet...pray they didn't VENT the stove into the garage?? Seems like the fire would have been IN the garage to have damaged the vehicles. Some people aren't too bright... just saying ... ;)

We have had ample evidence of that, but I didn't want to make a Darwin Award nomination.

SmokeyTheBear said:
DobieMom said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

We have had ample evidence of that, but I didn't want to make a Darwin Award nomination.

I was going to postulate the same horrible scenario........ but no one would be that stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don2222 said:
Hello

http://www.khq.com/story/5935525/pellet-stove-fire-destroys-two-vehicles?redirected=true

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - An early-morning house fire sent twenty-five firefighters to the 14000 block of East Sharp around 2:30 a.m. Saturday. Most of the damage was confined to the garage, destroying one car and one truck. No one was injured.

Firefighters believe the fire started with the pellet stove inside the home, and remind homeowners to use extreme caution with your heat source during this extreme cold spell.

WATCH THE LINK ABOVE. MY MALWARE SOFTWARE TELLS ME IT IS A BAD SITE.

Status
Not open for further replies.