Sporty Cars, Racing, Tires, Etc.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had an a for a while. I sold that. Still have another one complete without any drive line sitting as a pile of parts in dry storage
Neat little cars, horrible to work on. At least when you are used to modern cars they are. Everything was so archaic, even on a B! The owner of all of the MG's let me do some Miata work in one of his sheds with electricity. I had to move some B engines out of the way. There are not many you can move by yourself like that!

Neat little cars, horrible to work on. At least when you are used to modern cars they are. Everything was so archaic, even on a B! The owner of all of the MG's let me do some Miata work in one of his sheds with electricity. I had to move some B engines out of the way. There are not many you can move by yourself like that!
If I ever get around to building the other one it certainly won't have original drive line.

If I ever get around to building the other one it certainly won't have original drive line.
I bled the brakes on a B and none of my metric or standard tools would fit. All of the fasteners were weird sizes.

We got the motor back from a rebuild and they had two guys carry and set in the back of the van. I as 17 and my dads back was acting up. So I lifted it out by my self. We would have been money head to get get a Miata. We never keep the top on it. As it didn’t have windows that were in any shape to bolt on and see out of so you got to scrape both sides of the windshield. I recall lots of rust and a clutch master cylinder that could only be bled with you head first all the way down in the passenger footwell and expensive parts that were really lacking in quality.

First thing we did was get rid of the dual carbs and add a Webber.

We got the motor back from a rebuild and they had two guys carry and set in the back of the van. I as 17 and my dads back was acting up. So I lifted it out by my self. We would have been money head to get get a Miata. We never keep the top on it. As it didn’t have windows that were in any shape to bolt on and see out of so you got to scrape both sides of the windshield. I recall lots of rust and a clutch master cylinder that could only be bled with you head first all the way down in the passenger footwell and expensive parts that were really lacking in quality.

First thing we did was get rid of the dual carbs and add a Webber.
Both maser cylinders are in a terrible spot for LHD cars. I suspect a lot of the weird idiosyncrasies are less with a RHD car. Still some of the most fun cars to drive despite all of the "charm".

Reactions: EbS-P