Spring In The Necedah National Wildlife Refuge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
It was a great day for a ride! First time we hit 60° since the beginning of November.
IMG_6263.jpg

The Yellow River has some water in it today! There is a bridge up ahead, but we won't be going any farther this time. Rough road or not, I'll have to take the sign's word for it.
IMG_6267.jpg

Look at Mrs. posing for the picture!
IMG_6279.jpg

Camping, boating, fishing, all at the same time! A recipe for the perfect vacation.
IMG_6288.jpg

Mud.
IMG_6310.jpg

Scenery break.
IMG_6319.jpg

Bigfoot! Where are you? Not here, not today.
IMG_6329.jpg

Saw the first robin today and the feline willows are blooming.
IMG_6334.jpg

Nice.
IMG_6335.jpg

No ice.
IMG_6344.jpg

Ridin' the wave. The camera was swaying slightly because I had it attached to a post that had water rushing around it. I guess the post was a little loose.

quads it looks like spring is a little further along there than here. We had our 60 degree day. Today was kind of chilly but it did get into the 40's. Worry not, old man winter will still give us a shot or two before he is finished.

Nice pictures you take too my friend.

The rain and fog we had, then followed by the warm sunshine today really got rid of the snow. There is a little here and a little there, but for the most part it's gone. Long range forecast says chance of snow next weekend. I'm sure winter will kick us a couple times yet.

Quads,

There is nothing like Spring in Wisconsin! Hubby saw his first robin yesterday. We always have a race to see the first one and ol' eagle eyes always wins. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon and we can take a side trip like you & wifey did. Nice pictures!

Shari

Thanks Shari! I think it was a tie this year between Mrs. Quads and I as to who saw the first robin. Tell your hubby to get well soon!

Great pics quads! I'm looking forward to pulling the Wolverine out of the shed and doing some riding! But not just yet...our mountain had 7" of snow yesterday. Thankfully, the elevation helped keep things frozen...vs rain.

Anyways, need to do a little work to the scoot...maybe a new rear caliper and disk. All in time though.

Nice pics. Love the "rough road" shot. There's plenty of mud and wet happening in Wisconsin right now.

Great pics Quads . . . I picked my first bunch of feline willows the other day here in Maine . . . and visited the nearby Amish farmer to see all of his kids (baby goats) . . . no 60 degree weather here yet, but it certainly feels like Spring here too. Thanks again for the fantastic pics.

Calling for 65° today! Yee haw! I think I'll go cut some wood.

Nice to see pictures of the area quads. Our family used to own/landlocked about 1/2 mile of Yellow river frontage (sold 5 years ago). The area certainly is the best I have encountered for wood duck hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.