St Croix Hastings Vibration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colbyc

Hearth Supporter
Dec 17, 2008
long island
I have had a pellet stove for almost a month now and have been on this forum since the first day I got it and wanted to say thanks for all the great info/tips I have gotten so far. I wanted to share some info I got today from my dealer in case anyone else has this problem. My stove from almost the start was making a vibration sound almost like metal vibrating against metal. Once I noticed it, it was very annoying and got louder as time went on. My wife of course did not notice it which started to make me think I was imagining things. But then I went to my freinds house who has the same stove and his def. was not making this sound. I narrowed it down to something with the versa grate moter because as soon as I would press the off botton, the sound would stop even though the stove was still going through the shut down process. Called my dealer he came out and he noticed when he pushed against the motor in a certain way, the noise would stop. We put hi temp anti seize grease on all rods, bushing etc but it still kept making a noise. He called what he said was his "distributor" (guess it wasn't tech support at St Croix, not really sure) but they said this is a known issue on these motors and the sound will get louder as time passes. He is replacing the motor under warranty, but I just wanted to let anyone out there that has this issue. Thanks again to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.