St Croix Pepin from the neighbors house!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbzlof

Oct 12, 2009
Manitowoc, WI
So I'm getting a St Croix Pepin from the neighbor. She bout it probably 5 or 6 years ago and never installed it. I did some work for her, and now I'm getting it for payment. I'm just curious of the specs, does anyone know what they weigh for moving it tomorrow. And are they good stoves? It seems nice for a small stove. All the pipe is there and the base (tile board).

I have a Harman insert and Lennox down stairs, but this one may go in the kitchen.

Also I had two tons of Marth delivered by Vetting Transport today for $195/ton. I think another 2 tons will get me through winter, but I'll get these put away first!

Thanks

Dale

Forum member "Krooser" has a 2001 Pepin. Send him a PM if you have questions.

The Pepin is a good stove... mine has been bulletproof until this year when I had to replace the ignitor.

I'd sure try another pellet rather than those Marth... especially if they are the hardwood variety. The Marth pine is OK... I burned about ten bags early this season...but the hardwoods are very dirty compared to Uncle Jed's or any of the pellets you'll find around your place. Plus the Marth don't put out nearly the heat of many other brands...

After your install set your damper to open just the width of a pencil... that's it! That is all that stove will ever need for air... set it and forget it (mine hasn't been touched in four seasons)... if you need more air your stove is dirty.

And you should run that stove on setting #5 or 6 for at least 1/2 hour each day... that will keep it clean and happy until you do a full cleaning after every ton of pellets.

Good luck with your new stove...

Status
Not open for further replies.