St croix pepin pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcollins

Feb 16, 2013
I'm having trouble with my pellet stove carboning up. It will blacken the glass up after about 8 hours after I start her up. The black soot will wipe right off the glass. I have cleaned all traps and convection area. I have also cleaned the fan on the combustion chamber, the motors are all working. Could it possibly be the combustion fan or motor not creating enough air even though their turning. Any help would be great.

Well my Pepin does the same thing when run on the lower setting...1/2 maybe 3.

How long have you owned the stove? Do a search for the "leaf blower trick" that will do a great job of doing a more complete cleaning for you...

The Pepin is a great stove btw...

I'm having trouble with my pellet stove carboning up. It will blacken the glass up after about 8 hours after I start her up. The black soot will wipe right off the glass. I have cleaned all traps and convection area. I have also cleaned the fan on the combustion chamber, the motors are all working. Could it possibly be the combustion fan or motor not creating enough air even though their turning. Any help would be great.
It could be that you have not cleaned out the two round holes , one on each side of the burn pot. There are two spring clips that pop off. Behind that is an area that the manual does not cover, it is a very small area that fills up with ash. ALSO there is an area just above the auger chute that should also be cleaned out. You can get to this area from the up where the baffle rake is. I used a frayed braided cable pushed down behind the wall to clean it out. Back to the spring clips, I use a small poly tube pushed in and down to clean the area out. I also take the combustion blower off and use a mirror to look back into the stove through the combustion blower area. as you push the poly tube in the holes, you should see ash falling into the combustion blower area.
Hope this helps you out.
I can not find the post that I posted years ago on this subject, can anyone help out with finding it??

Status
Not open for further replies.