ST Croix Revolution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Sep 20, 2011
Up State NY
Hello all, I've just bought and installed a new ST Croix Revolution Furnace. I'm looking for info what people who own these furnaces are running the programs at. I have searched the site and can not find any updated info.(last update was back in 2009). Right now I'm running at factory settings but the flame looks small to me. I used to burn a whitfield Profile 30 and the flame always looked high in comparison. Also twice now the furnace has gone into alarm, the number 5 heat led was on and the control board was unresponsive. I unscrewed the cover for the burn pot and then it went out of alarm. Anybody else had this issue. Any tips and hints would be appreciated. I live in Upstate NY winter is Just around the corner.

I usually run program1, heat level 4 until we get into real cold weather, then program 2 level 3 or 4.
Do you mean the #5 light was blinking? Are you sure it wasn't #4? #4 is your high limit switch. Not sure what you mean by the "cover for the burn pot".

You may also want to check out iburncorn.com, there are a few people over there that have Revolutions, as well.

Thank You hoss I gave your settings a try seem to be working just fine. It was the number 5 LED that was on. The cover I was talking about is the cover you remove to get to the revolution gear motor switch. I did a little research and found out some was preventing the burn pot from rotating.

pmb1206 said:
Hello all, I've just bought and installed a new ST Croix Revolution Furnace. I'm looking for info what people who own these furnaces are running the programs at. I have searched the site and can not find any updated info.(last update was back in 2009). Right now I'm running at factory settings but the flame looks small to me. I used to burn a whitfield Profile 30 and the flame always looked high in comparison. Also twice now the furnace has gone into alarm, the number 5 heat led was on and the control board was unresponsive. I unscrewed the cover for the burn pot and then it went out of alarm. Anybody else had this issue. Any tips and hints would be appreciated. I live in Upstate NY winter is Just around the corner.

I agree with Hoss on the burn rate. I run a Lincoln SCR, same engine in a free standing stove. Next time the number 5 light comes on, check and see if there is fuel stuck in burn pot and keeping it from rotating. You can also look at the micro switch on the side of the burn pot. If it is depressed the burn pot did not complete it's revolution.

Brad

Thank You Ironfire thats exactly what it was. SO far i'm loving the pellet furnace.

Got a little colder here as of late. I purchased a magnetic stove temperature gage that i have attached right next to the burn pot door. It's fluctuating around 200 to 250 degrees. Just wondering if anybody else has taken temps and what they are running at?

Status
Not open for further replies.