Stacking done today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Had to level off under some of the landscaping timbers before stacking, I used woodchips. The wood that I'm stacking is the load of logs from last February, mostly beech.

Hooked up the wooden wagon for this then stacked 3 face cord today. This is supposed to be between 8-10 face cord.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1445.jpg
    100_1445.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 356
  • 100_1451.jpg
    100_1451.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_1452.jpg
    100_1452.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 346
  • 100_1454.jpg
    100_1454.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 100_1448.jpg
    100_1448.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 346
  • 100_1449.jpg
    100_1449.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 346
You know you're getting too serious about stacking wood when you break out an actual level!! :)

rdust said:
You know you're getting too serious about stacking wood when you break out an actual level!! :)

I thought that it WOOD go over well on here, should of seen the look the wife gave me. :snake:

zap

Looks great ZAP

I don't bother leveling I am stacking down by the creek and one always settles more than the other and I have to beat the pile over before it tips over. I cut a cord today and a family friend split most of it then my brother came over and finished spitting and stacking. While we didn't charge her anything she cooked us a great lunch of baby back ribs and sent us home with a 12pk each.

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Looks great ZAP

I don't bother leveling I am stacking down by the creek and one always settles more than the other and I have to beat the pile over before it tips over. I cut a cord today and a family friend split most of it then my brother came over and finished spitting and stacking. While we didn't charge her anything she cooked us a great lunch of baby back ribs and sent us home with a 12pk each.

Billy

Sounds like you had a great day, wood with baby back ribs plus a 12 pack.

zap

Dude, you are insane! You actually check your base to see if it's level.

You, my friend, are a GOD!!!!!!!

firewoodjunky said:
Dude, you are insane! You actually check your base to see if it's level.

You, my friend, are a GOD!!!!!!!

I've been called alot of things but not GOD, just did it has a joke for the site. I did plan on using the chips to level it off.

zap

Other than all the poisen ivy and the dead dry ash wearing out the chains it was great.

Billy

Zap, how is the color coming in your area?

The leveling of the base timbers is a good plan, but Zap's choice of leveling materials is questionable. Might as well use marshmallows, woodchips will rot and and settle pretty quickly putting those timbers out of level again.
Great pictures though Zap! ;-)

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, how is the color coming in your area?

My wife thinks it's about 15 percent change, how about your area Sav?

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.