started burning VERMONTS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
been burning VERMONTS for 3 days now........great heat, very low ash (almost white colored), very little dust and fines

I've burned through about a half a ton, and I'm liking them, too. very low ash...light and fluffy, too. There's hardly anything accumulating in the burn pot.

Glass stays clean a long time, too...and I've found that I only have to wipe it w/ a dry paper towel to get most of the residue off. (and its black--soot-like on the white paper towel, but it doesn't "stick" to the glass very much, so it wipes right off). I notice sometimes very black sooting on other interior parts of the stove. (not that this is any sort of problem; its just a darker color than the more greyish ash I've seen with other pellets.

I cleaned the stove yesterday, because it seemed like its been a long time. (cuz it has been! probably was thanksgiving since I did the thorough cleaning). I've gone through a half ton of okies, and a half ton of VT, and the ash pan was only about half full.

Loading up the hopper, there are a few "crumbs"...but no dust cloud like I've seen w/ some other brands. The Okies also produce no dust cloud...and even fewer crumbs! Okies smell better. :)
Very happy with both!

okies smell better then your Vermont's! i love the smell of the Vermont's.

i to have noticed little dark spots also after burning Vermonts i think its may be the sap from the pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.