Started tearing into the pile tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Started tearing into the grapple load tonight. Feels like I did not even make a dent. Well, this is a process I suppose.

IMG00604-20120328-1921.jpg

Looks like a good start....do you have a splitter?

I don't have a splitter, but I have access to several. Plan on bucking it all up and setting up 2 or 3 splitters to get it all done in one day. Stacking, however, will be a solo effort.

How many cords you have there rem?

Figuring around 8-9 cord.

That has to be nice work with no limbing to do; just cut away.

rdust, in your situation it may very well be the best way to go.

I think I am showing some wear and tear by going this route. Limbing annoys me, but it is cheaper.

You will be proud though, Dennis, as this load puts me just over two years ahead.

Lots of work to do in a day even with 3 spliters. Let us Know how it goes.

I think I am showing some wear and tear by going this route. Limbing annoys me, but it is cheaper.

You will be proud though, Dennis, as this load puts me just over two years ahead.

Right on! Getting ahead is always good and you will definitely notice the difference when burning the wood too. Enjoy it!

Now the trick is finding the room to stack all of it.........thinking of taking over one of the kids bedrooms.

It's definitely a process. Done 2 loads like that. First one was 10 cord, 2nd was 20. Just finished the last of the 20 last year.
Good on ya for gettin' started on that. Looks like Maple?
Get done with that, then get another if you can. You'll be 3 yrs. out before you know it, and happy about it.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.