Started the seeds!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started my tomatoes, basil and lettuce.

I just mentioned it to my wife. Her response was "really?...let's just buy seedlings this year". She's right, we have a lot going on this spring, including quite a bit of landscaping, and we'd likely neglect them anyway. Keeping it simple with tomatoes & a bunch of herbs this year.

Seeds starting here, but I am slipping a bit behind. I did get some fruit trees in the ground too.

I've got room under the grow light. What's a really good idea?

Toms about 2", south window & grow light.
Green House was 60 today. Soil boxes should start thawing.
Hope to plant toms in 4 - 5 weeks, 12 hr sun now & climbing fast.

Toms and peppers. Look at the back of the packet. The closer it is to 90 days the better it is to start them.

Matt

btuser said:

Medicinal Marijuana HA!!

Rick Stanley said:
btuser said:

Medicinal Marijuana HA!!

NH state senate just approved a bill for allowing medicinal marijuana for chronically ill patients.

So if you're gonna smoke it, you'd better have the chronic.

I moved our greenhouse closer to our home. It's a small portable greenhouse that I heat with a small electric heater at night. I have some hanging baskets, over 200 flowers for the wife and peppers and tomatoes as well as cabbage, onions and broccoli. I put out a few plants already to try for an early crop.

I just took a walk outside and the horseradish and rhubarb are starting to peak up. The asperagus hasn't made a showing yet.

Matt

Our tomatoes are up, so we will be potting them on next week if it warms up a bit.

The glasshouses will need to have the dry wood emptied out and got ready for another growing season.

Veg plot looks good with the rhubarb coming through, no sign of asparagus yet, but there are plenty of blossom buds on the apple trees.

Just need some mild weather to get the bees buzzing and it'll be another bumper harvest of apples.

btuser said:
Rick Stanley said:
btuser said:

Medicinal Marijuana HA!!

NH state senate just approved a bill for allowing medicinal marijuana for chronically ill patients.

So if you're gonna smoke it, you'd better have the chronic.

I'm a chronic wood cutter...somehow I don't think that medicine is for me, not while I'm cutting anyways! :)

I'm going with seedlings this year as the Mrs has all her ever multiplying houseplants crowding the window space. Sweet/hot peppers, green/yellow beans, tomatos, summer squash, peas and cukes will be planted. Hopefully the blueberry bushes and strawberries will come back well again this year.

Got 6+ inches snow today...hope it melts fast!

Too early for me to start.

I bought a huge seed kit this year online for non-gmo, non-hybrid, with info on how to save seeds, etc etc etc.

I'm not looking to start anything in doors. Going to try my luck with about 500 sq ft of my first garden and direct sow.

Attachments

• 199554_10150152198260606_501130605_6548161_4943608_n[1].jpg
    199554_10150152198260606_501130605_6548161_4943608_n[1].jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 161
It's time to start hardening off. It's 48 now and going up to 62 says Accuweather. Think it's ok to set them out now? They were outside yesterday in the sun also.

Matt

When's your last frost date Matt?

Be careful when first putting them outside. If they are not used to straight sunlight, they can get sunburned which will really set them back.

I'm not sure when it officially is. I've always planted a couple weeks before Memorial day without issue. It's been cold this year though.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.