States NOT standing still on energy efficiency.......good news!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Here is a recent report as to the "state of the states" when it comes to moving ahead in terms of energy efficiency.
http://tinyurl.com/2dn4lax

Top ten:
"California retained its #1 ranking for the fourth year in a row, Massachusetts (#2, holding steady) ; Oregon (#3, up from #4); New York (#4, up from #5); Vermont (#5, up from #6); Washington (#6, up from #7); Rhode Island (#7, up from #9); Connecticut (tied for #8, down from #3); Minnesota (tied for #8, holding steady); and Maine (#10, holding steady).

Worst? N. Dakota, MS, AL, WY.......

It is my opinion that the future will belong to those states and regions which do the most in these matters...that is, business and commerce along with increased quality of life will draw people to the states that make the most of what they have.......

Alternative energy will clearly be a growth industry for decades.

States want the jobs. Only thing to think about is how much of this money is really just federal money in a new dress.

I like the look of the dress regardless :)

About half the cost of the new dress is payed by the governments.

Meanwhile, Japan just invested 1.4 billion dollars in a Western shale oil project.

Webmaster said:
Here is a recent report as to the "state of the states" when it comes to moving ahead in terms of energy efficiency.
http://tinyurl.com/2dn4lax

Top ten:
"California retained its #1 ranking for the fourth year in a row, Massachusetts (#2, holding steady) ; Oregon (#3, up from #4); New York (#4, up from #5); Vermont (#5, up from #6); Washington (#6, up from #7); Rhode Island (#7, up from #9); Connecticut (tied for #8, down from #3); Minnesota (tied for #8, holding steady); and Maine (#10, holding steady).

Worst? N. Dakota, MS, AL, WY.......

It is my opinion that the future will belong to those states and regions which do the most in these matters...that is, business and commerce along with increased quality of life will draw people to the states that make the most of what they have.......

You would think that Texas, with its mega farms of wind turbines, would be a leader...

•Texas (#32) and New Hampshire (#22) dropped the farthest in the 2010 Scorecard, down nine spots each.

Saddens me that this state takes money from the Big oil and medical enities, but sits on its butt for tax breaks on solar and wind for its citizens... But then, when you hear the Governor's appointed EPA committee let Train-load after Train-load after Train-load of the toxic dredgings from Hudson Bay and let them be stored near the states large ground aquafier just makes you cry...

Any ideas how to get these lazy and narrow minded guys to wake up?

Bill

Its easy to ignore 1% and listen to the other 99%. Even solar panels and wind turbines are manufactured using fossil fuels, and installed using power from fossil fuels. Don't get me wrong, because when I think of it that way it says to me we HAVE to do this.

btuser said:
States want the jobs. Only thing to think about is how much of this money is really just federal money in a new dress.

Mass is net donator to the Feds, so I'm happy to have some back for energy efficiency...

Status
Not open for further replies.