Stay safe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
They are predicting some K/A storms in upstate NY today. I hope everyone is ok.

Let's hope all is well. The storms went through here last night. One thing that really amazed me though last night was the amount of lightning. That, by itself is not big thing, but so much of it was really bright....but we heard no thunder. That tells us someone else was really getting hammered. We got 1.1" of rain out of it and are very thankful.

Looks like we dodged a bullet.....Elmira took direct hit!

The last four of these through here our house has slipped through gaps. Some as small as a mile. Half mile north and half mile south gets hammered. Looking at the one coming in I don't think it got the memo.

Looks like the worst was Southern NY & Northern PA. I got an inch of rain early this morning.

Got 1.5" or so here.
Let's hope all is well. The storms went through here last night. One thing that really amazed me though last night was the amount of lightning. That, by itself is not big thing, but so much of it was really bright....but we heard no thunder. That tells us someone else was really getting hammered. We got 1.1" of rain out of it and are very thankful.

Dennis, I've never seen an electrical storm like the one that rolled thru here either. The lightning was fantastic and the thunder was pretty much one continuous roll for quite awhile. Glad we missed that tornado but I'm one who likes that kind of action. Gettin' kinda antsy, need to get back to cuttin'.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.