"Steal" stove at Lowe's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapCracklePop

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2010
Southwestern Penna
Yesterday, I saw two of the cutest stoves at Lowe's. They're the high, narrow European-looking stove with a space underneath for firewood. They were originally tagged around $400 or $500, knocked down to $150. I think they're rated for about 1200 sq feet, if not more.

I think they are the Englaners which have tiny fireboxes....but WELL worth the price for sure.
http://www.englanderstoves.com/17-vl.html
I'd buy them for "stock" and give 'em away. Speaking of that, if you get them and find a really needy person (broke) who can use one, Hearth.com will pay for it....

I don't think this is the Englander's 17 is it? that would be a crazy price, but the original price doesn't match. wonder what it is. My lowes stopped carrying any stoves in store. You have to order. That means no more sales... :(

sorry craig. Didn't see your post. if it is the Englander then that's a crazy price and I'd buy their entire stock.

Webmaster said:
Speaking of that, if you get them and find a really needy person (broke) who can use one, Hearth.com will pay for it....

Craig, your all right, I don't care what Franks says about you. %-P

Yeah, that's it. A 17-VL.

Hmmm...

I know someone whose electric heat bill is killing her, but she's in a rental. I've suggested an insert for a fireplace in her house, but it would all be up to the landlord. Her house is at 55* except for the one room she uses to give music lessons. That one, she only heats when students are there.

Hmmm...

Wow, do they do online sales and ship? $939 locally, $749 at HD.

Seriously, I'd pick 'em up. I saw a number of CL ads from people in tough conditions that needed a stove.

As noble as that thought is, keep in mind that the rest of the "system" has to be there (stove pipe, install, etc.)

Jags said:
As noble as that thought is, keep in mind that the rest of the "system" has to be there (stove pipe, install, etc.)
and then they need good wood and the knowhow to use it. All obtainable, though, so don't give up.

Webmaster said:
I'd buy them for "stock" and give 'em away. Speaking of that, if you get them and find a really needy person (broke) who can use one, Hearth.com will pay for it....

Huh? That's awesome. Kudos.

I agree - that caring attitude is the reason I enjoy this forum so much.

Webmaster said:
I think they are the Englaners which have tiny fireboxes....but WELL worth the price for sure.
http://www.englanderstoves.com/17-vl.html

Really nice sentiment. Is it Christmas? Nope, but here on hearth.com, it's always the season for giving! Awesome Craig.

PopCrackleSnap said:
Yesterday, I saw two of the cutest stoves at Lowe's. They're the high, narrow European-looking stove with a space underneath for firewood. They were originally tagged around $400 or $500, knocked down to $150. I think they're rated for about 1200 sq feet, if not more.
I would buy one just for the heck of it if nothing else! Talk about a good deal!

They're gone! They both sold yesterday.

Well, now that I am a little wiser, I'll know better the next time, and I'll jump on deals like that. Someone can always use a neat little stove like that.

Nancy

jeff_t said:
Webmaster said:

Huh? That's awesome. Kudos.

Typical commie!

Thats a great offer Craig. Webbie has always been a good guy.

lol, Franks. Best comment of the day. It's early, though, so i'll give you more time to top it.

It's hard for me to give a compliment without a jab or hint of sarcasm. I believe Craig would do it though, and that shows what kind of guy he is. I wonder if those stoves are still available.

Franks said:
It's hard for me to give a compliment without a jab or hint of sarcasm. I believe Craig would do it though, and that shows what kind of guy he is. I wonder if those stoves are still available.
Craig is a guy that can take a jab like that and see it for friendly teasing that it is. There are some people who would get pissy about it. I don't doubt for one second that Craig is serious about the offer.

Tax write-off. The gift that keeps on giving ...

(locally ) Home Depot had the VL-17 marked down to 520 until Sunday. Now $485.
they are on a pallet with spray paint overspray not in a box so they may have been touched up.
This store will put them on a shelf at some point though.
I've seen NC-13s out in the garden department on a top shelf in the rain in the middle of Summer.
Then put back on display all rusty in the Fall. Not on sale. At all.

Our local Lowes only has U.S. Stove stoves this year, but they have been known to practically give stuff away just to get rid of it. Every now and then they put a bunch of returns and scratch and dents out on the entrance concrete and you can offer what you want.

Those two stoves were sold the day after I saw them. I think a dealer took both of them. Oh, well...

Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.