Sticky Trap Glue? What is it and can I buy it in a can instead of on a board or mouse trap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 2, 2009
USA
I know this is probably the oddest question the board has seen but you've helped me through some weird ones so this cant' be as bad as I think.

I want to make these particular shaped boards sticky to catch insects. I can't use the paper ones, nor can I affix something to the boards because of the shape (very curved). So I would like to make the surface exactly like the commercial sticky traps. I don't really want a home remedy like "honey" or anything because I want this to really work.

So what is that eel snot that is found on commercial traps? What do I search for in locating it?

Status
Not open for further replies.