Stiebel Eltron Indirect Tanks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maple1

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
Anybody have one of these hooked up to their boiler? They are primarily (I think) a solar tank, but their lit & the fellow selling them here says they'll handle any kind of heating unit. They seem to be less expensive than a typical Indirect tank (like a Superstore). These are model SSB 300 S.

What kindof price do they sell for ?

Advertised here for a bit over $700 for the 200, and $1050 for the 300 (single exhanger models). Couple things I'm not so sure on - how often & a PITA it is to change the anode (& how much they cost and easy they are to get), and controlling the heat supply. I see they have 'sleeves' for inserting temp probes, but don't know what kind of temp probe you'd need, along with controller that goes with it to start a circ pump. (Might be common solar control stuff, but I have no knowledge of solar stuff). I guess the primary issue would be quality/durability, which is the reason for this post - wondering if anyone has first hand experience on that.

EDIT: OK, I see a Johnson Control unit on the link posted - guess that answers part of my questions, thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.