Stihl 011AV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Anyone have or use one? Weight is good(9.6lbs), and 2.4hp. Has a 14" bar. Guy want $175/ OBO This would be for the wife. Thanks, JB

Beetle-Kill said:
Anyone have or use one? Weight is good(9.6lbs), and 2.4hp. Has a 14" bar. Guy want $175/ OBO This would be for the wife. Thanks, JB

I've had one for about 20 years. Only saw I owned until recently. Nice little saw, but that price don't seem right. Seems pretty high to me.

BTW, mine leaks bar oil all over the place when I store it, so no more riding in the trunk of the car when I ain't using it.

Thanks, price seems high to me also. Belonged to his father, so mabey some sentimental attachment. Does the weight and hp. numbers seem accurate? I got those off of AS

Just checked my manual:

41cc
weight w/o bar and chain - 9.7lbs.

No HP rating in the manual, but 2.4 HP seems reasonable. I feel it has a lot of torque for a little saw, so it doesn't bog down like you might expect. However, it's not a very fast saw. Max RPMs only 10,500, and I just found out you can't run full chisel chain on it. Kinda chews its way through anything but takes its time doing it. I once ripped a 5' log of extremely hard and dense Mountain mahogany with it. Saw never quit, but I did smoke the bar and chain a bit.

I was going to ask $125 for mine, but I decided to keep it. The 357 is too heavy for trim work around here. It would be a good starter saw for your wife.

Slower chain speed actually sounds good. It'll run green chain as long as she's using it. $125 sounds like it's in the ball park. Either this one or a reconditioned Husky 435, but she's really bugging me about "Her" saw. Thanks for the info. JB

Status
Not open for further replies.