Stihl 034

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muncybob

Minister of Fire
Apr 8, 2008
Near Williamsport, PA
Can't seem to find a lot of info on this saw. Locally one is for sale w/20" bar $200. Price seems right based on Stihl resale values and the size saw this is, but how old are these....are there different versions of the 034. Is this a heavy saw...I'm currently using a borrowed Jonesred 630 Super 2 and that's about as heavy a saw I want to deal with. It OK on the 26" ash I'm currently cutting but is really taxing it....of course, the 16" bar/chain doesn't help matters any!

I didnt have time to look up in my Manuel what years they where made, but if I rember right some of the older ones dont have brakes. I think they made them up to the late 90's.

Those are great saws if they are in good mechanical condition..... $200 sounds like a pretty fair price if the saw checks out. They are the predecessor to the 036, which became the 360, which became the 361 which now is the 362.

Here is a link to Acres chainsaw site for the specs (no weight for some reason though). I believe the saw is around 12.5 lbs. It came in a regular version approx. 55 cc's and a SUPER which is 61 cc or so.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...OpenView&Start=122.53&Count=30&Expand=122#122

also see

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=40160

Thanks...I just realized my buddies saw is a Super Pro...not Super 2(probably no such thing). A dealer says the Jonsey is about the same weight and cc as the 034 so I guess it's time to check it out. I'm still kicking myself for not snatching up a Dolmar 2 months ago for $100!

Status
Not open for further replies.