Stihl 038 AV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Hi All,

I am looking at getting a more powerful saw, as I am getting more at ease with my little ms170. There is one out there 038 from 1989 in mint condition, what should I offer?? Any thoughts on the saw....

Thanks
K

Hi - An 038 is plenty of saw for home heating needs. My nepwew has been heating a couple homes with one since I can remember. I never feel the need for more saw. We' cut mostly Oak and Ash.

no clue as to value. What to decent saws bring in local pawn shops?

If its mint 200-300.00 I believe there is also a 038 super be worth a few pennys more.

Thanks for replies, yes this is the 038av super electronic stop......something...
Any idea in terms of cc on this puppy?

Diabel said:
Thanks for replies, yes this is the 038av super electronic stop......something...
Any idea in terms of cc on this puppy?

I not sure the exact but around 65-70 cc.

Oh that would be plenty for me in terms of power. I find my 170 a bit weak on the bigger stuff.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.