Stihl 076 Super

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtneer

Mar 29, 2011
huntington, wv
I found one on CL for $500. It looks to be in decent shape and has a brand new Duromatic E with full comp on it that looks about 3 feet. My only concern is lack of parts down the road. Should I jump on it?

Reactions: ScotO
Sounds like a good deal for a classic muscle saw.111cc's & torque like you wouldnt believe.If the compression is good & everything else checks out OK,I'd grab it ASAP.

Plenty o parts out there!

That's a good price if it's in decent condition.

That 076 super is a beast.. more saw than you'll ever need :cool:

I found one on CL for $500. It looks to be in decent shape and has a brand new Duromatic E with full comp on it that looks about 3 feet. My only concern is lack of parts down the road. Should I jump on it?
If the saw is in nice shape, that's a good price on a good saw. I have both an 051AV and an 075AV, both basically the same saw as the 076. Not a fast saw like these newer ones, but man do they have lots of torque and a nice growl when you're hammering the throttle. That bar and chain alone are worth at least 150 to 175......get it if you need a big saw....

Status
Not open for further replies.