Stihl 084 for $500 obo......should I buy it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

Found locally. Saw is in really good shape, this would be the newest saw I own!!! Thinking of getting it to run the new mill I just purchased.........I already have an 051 and an 075 that would run the mill just fine, but I'm looking at the speed factor. Discuss.....

084 075 would be a nice deal. Should be able to finnish just about any log out there with out putting a new chain on. Now if you had 2 mills and a mini all set-up there should be log you could not finish. 051 on the mini.....;)

Reactions: ScotO
I may be able to get him down to 400 bucks. May have to do some haggling this weekend!

Reactions: smokinj
I don't think anybody here will talk you out of buying a good saw. That's an earlier version of 088/880?

I don't think anybody here will talk you out of buying a good saw. That's an earlier version of 088/880?
Jeff that's pretty much what it is. Still plenty of parts out there for it, and according to the seller its in good shape. I'm gonna look at it first before I make him an offer. If I can get it for 4 bills or so I'm buying it. That'll be a great milling saw for the 36" mill I just bought.

That seems like a great deal (if in good shape/good compression)...

There is a 660 on CL by me for $500 obo....... Figures... I just bought my 460 for just under $1,000!

That 084 is a Big saw for a good price.. Here is hoping you get it. Good luck in the haggling process ;)

Found locally. Saw is in really good shape, this would be the newest saw I own!!! Thinking of getting it to run the new mill I just purchased.........I already have an 051 and an 075 that would run the mill just fine, but I'm looking at the speed factor. Discuss.....
I think you should hold off until that 090 comes up for sale. ==c That sounds like a great price if the saw checks out ok.

zap

Reactions: Thistle and ScotO
Zap I can't hold out any longer!!! The way my luck goes I'll end up buying this damm thing and a day or so after the 090 will show up for a couple hundred bucks!;) Then I'll have to buy it too!

Reactions: Thistle
Zap I can't hold out any longer!!! The way my luck goes I'll end up buying this damm thing and a day or so after the 090 will show up for a couple hundred bucks!;) Then I'll have to buy it too!

You keep running into deals like that: I see an easy way here: I will sell Scotty Overkill stock 10 bucks a share: Who's in? ;)

Scotty, leave that 084 alone. To much goddarn plastic in them things anyways! ;) :p;lol

Naaah....smokinj I'd end up like that Facebook stock. It'd be worthless after 10 days on the market!! Lol....

Reactions: smokinj
Scotty Overkill, did you grab the saw?

zap

Scotty Overkill, did you grab the saw?

zap
I can't get ahold of the guy. I've called him numerous time s and sent a couple of emails to no avail. He probably sold it by now!

You'll get another chance, plenty of good saws out there.

zap

Scotty, did you get strong storms again today?

zap

Scotty, did you get strong storms again today?

zap
We got just a short blast, but another big tree went down on the other side of town from today's storm. I think those south and east of us got it worse than we did today.

We saw the line of storms blow through here but surprisingly little damage despite the downpours and intense wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.