stihl chainsaw Tomorrow is the day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
Dealer just called me to tell me the ms311 is in stock

i was looking at a ms270 and a ms311 was trying to find it used BUT NO luck over the past month

so at 8am i will be at the dealer and pick one of them up

as of now the 270 with a spare full chisle chain a full case and the full helmet with the face shield is gonna cost me 525 or if i go with a ms322 it will be 575

im thinking of the 311 because of the extra power, bigger chain but have to see if weight is gonna be a bother

Mroverkill said:
Dealer just called me to tell me the ms311 is in stock

i was looking at a ms270 and a ms311 was trying to find it used BUT NO luck over the past month

so at 8am i will be at the dealer and pick one of them up

as of now the 270 with a spare full chisle chain a full case and the full helmet with the face shield is gonna cost me 525 or if i go with a ms322 it will be 575

im thinking of the 311 because of the extra power, bigger chain but have to see if weight is gonna be a bother
lol, I thought you finally bought one. Get 'er done already! BTW, cases are nice, and others may have different opinions on this, but I have one and stopped using it a couple of years ago. I prefer a plastic sleeve for the bar. My saws aren't that pretty, though. Maybe if I had a brand spanking new stihl i'd be better about casing it.

well i was hunting for a used one but none poped up so i have the cash now to buy one and its something im gonna have for a while so i dont mind spending it its only 50 to go up to the 311 from the 270 we will see

Mroverkill, don't waste the money on a Stihl case, buy the (gasp!) Husky PowerBox--it's got much more room. Mine holds an extra bar, three wedges, chain oil, stump vise, glasses, gloves, earplugs, file kit, and chaps. Oh yeah, and I mounted a first aid kit with Bloodstopper bandage on the end. Makes carrying everything I need (save gas) in one box.

Good luck,

S

thinkxingu said:
Mroverkill, don't waste the money on a Stihl case, buy the (gasp!) Husky PowerBox--it's got much more room. Mine holds an extra bar, three wedges, chain oil, stump vise, glasses, gloves, earplugs, file kit, and chaps. Oh yeah, and I mounted a first aid kit with Bloodstopper bandage on the end. Makes carrying everything I need (save gas) in one box.

Good luck,

S

+1

Guess you're out the door by now, but I think you are on the right track........ if the weight isn't a bother then opt for more power!

HittinSteel said:
Guess you're out the door by now...
LoL, I'm watching this thread, because now tomorrow is today. Kinda sad that I'm excited about someone else's new saw...

Me too Danno..... something is definitely wrong when you like saws so much, other people's purchases excite you! LOL

I'd like to run one of the new midrange Stihl Stratos sometime.

jeezzzzzzzzz people i was out playing with my toy

winner is MS311 i will post pics after i get home !!!!!!!!!!!!

weight was not a issue after using it for a while cuts like a knife in butter

geeezzzz ok let me go put back my pants back on and take a picture for you

Mroverkill said:

Wow youre on the Hearth forum with no pants on :lol:

Isnt the internet great ;)

ANeat said:
Mroverkill said:

you mean you ARE wearing pants? weird.

Danno77 said:
ANeat said:
Mroverkill said:

you mean you ARE wearing pants? weird.

I will admit to being a little weird, I do try to wear pants when Im handling a chainsaw though .....

here it is

got the saw/case/full chisel chain/helmet/oil/gas can for 600 out the door

Attachments

• saw2.jpg
    saw2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 456
  • close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 443
  • extras.jpg
    extras.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 439
I use the same chain, you'll like that. Nice helmet. Nice saw. Nice case. Nice gas can. did you get a bunch of stihl 2cycle mix? better run back to the store!!!!

oops, my bad, i see now that you got that too... guess you are ready to roll! (you've got chaps, too, right?)

i have plenty of mix what you see in the pic is chain oil

chaps are next on the list right now i have the green chain on now but even with the green chain it cuts Very nice

Mroverkill said:
here it is

got the saw/case/full chisel chain/helmet/oil/gas can for 600 out the door

Looks good Mroverkill, what did you get to cut up?

zap

as of now almost 2 tank fulls of oversized splits that were to long to fit into the stove(over 18") so i cut them down. bringing the saw to work because a service by my job cut down a maple and he said i could have what i want so if he is truthful thats what i will be cutting tomorrow

Mroverkill said:
as of now almost 2 tank fulls of oversized splits that were to long to fit into the stove(over 18") so i cut them down. bringing the saw to work because a service by my job cut down a maple and he said i could have what i want so if he is truthful thats what i will be cutting tomorrow

Good deal on the maple, can't go wrong with maple.(hard or soft)

zap

I could only find the MS311 in Stihl USA not Canada's web site. Is it a new machine? 60cc and lists impressive on the US site.
I am kinda interested to try a new tech saw. The local dealer had never heard of it and thought I was talking about a part # and mistaking it for a saw #. Congrats on your new machine.

I am a case user for sure. I sometimes load the saw in the truck when I run out of rrom in the bed or if I am worried about crushing the saw with firewood. The case keeps the gas fumes and bar oil drips under control.

On edit: Pants on. Wife gets jealous otherwise!

Yeah, but the Stihl case kinda sucks (did you even read my post Mroverkill?!). Could barely hold some bar oil and extra chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.