Stihl MS 361 where to find aggressive Felling Dogs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MNBobcat

Sep 6, 2009
Minnesota
Hi Guys,

I've got a Stihl MS 361 and would like to find some felling dogs for it that have longer teeth. Something a little more aggressive. I looked at Baileys and didn't see anything. Anyone know where I can find them?

Ebay. Does kinda slow you down in a cross cut.

Takes some size off the bar as well--I thought about it, but people have complained about needing longer bars as a result.

S

Stihl does have a dual dog kit for the MS361 that comes with a ceramic roller chain catcher.

Part No. 1135 650 7750

They're not the biggest teeth around, but they are an improvement if you need it.

Back in the day, when I wanted some serious bucking dogs for my Poulan 3400, I cobbled up a cardboard template, then transferred that to 11 ga. cold-rolled steel. Not rocket-science. (The 11 ga. is a mite brutish.)
Still have both, and the teeth have a nice shine on them from digging into bark.

Try some off of a 440. I put those on my 036 pro, not sure if it is the same as the 361 body....

Status
Not open for further replies.