Stihl MS 362 or MS 362 C - Q ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering...does anyone have any comments or experience with the MS 362 and MS 362 C - Q? I wanted to purchase one or the other this Christmas and
wanted to know if there were any reviews or comments out there? Any pro's or Con's ? Any help would be appreciated.

Very Nice Saw 036,360,361,362 all very solid saw....You will be the go to weekend lumber jack for sure!

smokinjay said:
Very Nice Saw 036,360,361,362 all very solid saw....You will be the go to weekend lumber jack for sure!

Yeah...but what i'm looking for is someone that may have used both or can tell me the pros and cons of both so i can decide which one to purchase.

yanksforever said:
smokinjay said:

Yeah...but what i'm looking for is someone that may have used both or can tell me the pros and cons of both so i can decide which one to purchase.

the cq is a quick stop if your going to use it for mostly limbing this would be the one you want....If its you main battle tank heavy bruiser than the reg. 362 is the way to go....More style of cutting would pay a part in this aswell, if your very aggressive and move fast the cq could save you as well.
It easy enough to get over a quick stop chainsaw you just lift (throttle) at the end of a cut and your chain will be stop before you move to the next.

smokinjay said:
yanksforever said:
smokinjay said:

the cq is a quick stop if your going to use it for mostly limbing this would be the one you want....If its you main battle tank heavy bruiser than the reg. 362 is the way to go....More style of cutting would pay a part in this aswell, if your very aggressive and move fast the cq could save you as well.
It easy enough to get over a quick stop chainsaw you just lift (throttle) at the end of a cut and your chain will be stop before you move to the next.
The 361 spin a lot after a cut, so I would say the quick stop was added for those who dont like that.

smokinjay said:
The 361 spin a lot after a cut, so I would say the quick stop was added for those who dont like that.

Yeah, the darn thing just doesn't know when to stop cutting. :lol:

Jags said:
smokinjay said:

Yeah, the darn thing just doesn't know when to stop cutting. :lol:

LOL THEY really dont. Never seen a saw that wants to keep spinning as much as a 361. Easy to over come though!
sure the 362 going to be just like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.