Stihl Timbersports (New Pics and Video's)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmaul

Minister of Fire
Oct 10, 2007
Muncie, IN
Anyone close to Purdue university on April 9th, Timbersports is going to be there. Information below. SmokinJ and I are confirmed for going. Maybe a little hearth.com get together.

MidWest Qualifier
Purdue University
Date / Time: April 9th, 3PM

Tickets:
Free Admission On site

Address:
Herrick Labs Lawn
140 S. Martin Jischke Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907

Event Website:
www.ag.purdue.edu/fnr/midwesternconclave

Description:
10 of the region's top professional competitors will join students from colleges and universities around the region to compete for a shot at going to the national championships.

Attending Schools:
Iowa State
Southern Illinois University
Michigan State
Michigan Tech
Purdue University
University of Minnesota
University of Missouri
University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point

Pro Competitors:
Carson Bosworth
Matt Cogar
Warrick Hallett
Adam Lasalle
Chris Bradshaw
Mark Jones
Rick Halvorson
Jason Lentz
Brian Bartow
Adrian Flygt

Will be better than watching it on espn2! Can I inter the saw contest against the stock 660?

Love to see the 460 against a stock 660. be hilarious. Professionals finished 30 seconds ago Jays still cutting.

MMaul said:
Love to see the 460 against a stock 660. be hilarious. Professionals finished 30 seconds ago Jays still cutting.

Thats sounds like your 361 still on the first cut of that hickory why the 460 producing much needed rounds for two splitter crews smoking! lol

Just dont forget to sharpen half the cutting teeth this time. LOL Cutting circles.

MMaul said:
Just dont forget to sharpen half the cutting teeth this time. LOL Cutting circles.

Dont remember anything like that! Must of been your touch-up job.....lol I do remember a backwards milling chain when it was like 0 out.

Dont remember that but, I seem to remember a back words chain on Sunday, who put that on again, who caught the problem again?

MMaul said:
Dont remember that but, I seem to remember a back words chain on Sunday, who put that on again, who caught the problem again?

Again is a strong word that would imply more than once! Oh and it was not 0 out with lots of extra hardware! lol 036 is a two min. job!

I was gonna leave this alone and just watch you two continue to banter, but I changed my mind to post that I think you need to take pics. lots of pics.

From now on I will take pics, I should have on sunday when I noticed the backwards chains. LOL

and video, too. you guys sound like you have a blast.

MMaul said:
From now on I will take pics, I should have on sunday when I noticed the backwards chains. LOL

Really I can break down an 036 before you can break down a 880 with mill! lol Yours when have been a very short video. My video would have need an extra memory card to fit that. Heck I even went and change cloths knowning you where going to make it a long day! Thats funny!

We do have a great time, we move alot of wood in a small amount of time, too. As long as J puts the chains on right. LOL

You know I was just waiting for you to make the same mistake. LOL

MMaul said:
We do have a great time, we move alot of wood in a small amount of time, too. As long as J puts the chains on right. LOL

You know I was just waiting for you to make the same mistake. LOL

3 years it took.....Would have been funning watching Steven cut with it....Sticking it stright in the dirt had the same effect though!

More like 6 months. Did take to long.

MMaul said:
More like 6 months. Did take to long.

3 years you have been cutting with me....One time on someone elses saw who should be sharpening himself! Was thinking about them bacon sandwich's.....Besides who wants to take a knife to a gunfight anyways! 59cc pro saw are darn sure going to puke again this Sunday! Oh and the 460 it will take both of us hot lapping it! 880 will be available as well!
So bring the big can! lol

:lol: Great stuff guys.I feel like pulling up a chair & sitting down with popcorn & soda. ;-P

That sounds like it could be an interesting day. Keep me in mind as I just might drive down there. I'd have to get a motel for the night though as that is a bit too far for me to drive. When I was younger, no problem. Now I have to take things a bit easier. So please put out a reminder before you guys head over there.

Backwoods Savage said:
That sounds like it could be an interesting day. Keep me in mind as I just might drive down there. I'd have to get a motel for the night though as that is a bit too far for me to drive. When I was younger, no problem. Now I have to take things a bit easier. So please put out a reminder before you guys head over there.

You can stay at my place! I have two cats and a dog....

Sounds familiar Jay. I've slept in the doghouse before....

Looks like a little over 300 miles to Purdue.

Backwoods Savage said:
Sounds familiar Jay. I've slept in the doghouse before....

Looks like a little over 300 miles to Purdue.

Its an hour and a half from my place but stright east and 69 less than 5 min.s from my place.

Sounds good Jay. If this hip cooperates, I hope to make it. It will be worth it just to meet you and some others.

Backwoods Savage said:
Sounds good Jay. If this hip cooperates, I hope to make it. It will be worth it just to meet you and some others.

See how far it is to Andersen Aaron has a big Suburban for the ride to Purdue? With TV...I think I have a video of the mill running backwards!

264 miles to Anderson. I can get on I-69 at Lansing.

Your going to have to supply the gas to the 880, I like to call it the exxon valdez. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.