still getting a decent fire in my loading box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Hearth Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
new mexico
I am getting the kinks out thinks to all of you. I am still going through wood like crazy due to fire being present in the load chamber. I am using soft wood but it seems my loaded box to the gill lasts about 3-4 hours. Help me understand exactly how to adjust the secondaries. I adjusted it by taking the plate off, screwing the disc until it hit the plate, and then unwinding it 4 1/2 turns out. Is this correct? thanks
hulk

hulk said:
I am getting the kinks out thinks to all of you. I am still going through wood like crazy due to fire being present in the load chamber. I am using soft wood but it seems my loaded box to the gill lasts about 3-4 hours. Help me understand exactly how to adjust the secondaries. I adjusted it by taking the plate off, screwing the disc until it hit the plate, and then unwinding it 4 1/2 turns out. Is this correct? thanks
hulk

I don't have an EKO 40, but I had to reduce my primaries to 4mm when I got to burning really dry wood. There's a very extensive thread in the sticky section on EKO fine tuning. It MIGHT be that you won't get much more out of a load of pine. Are you getting a clean burn? You should have mostly blue secondary flame, no smoke, whitish fly ash in secondary chamber. It should rumble throughout most of the burn, though the rumble will get fainter towards the end.

hulk said:
hulk

Hulk,

Again you need to stop thinking long burn times. I get 3 to 4 hrs of burn time with hard wood so your doing fine. What you need to figure out is the btu in that 3 to 4 hrs enough to charge your storage to heat for x amount of time.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.