Still waiting on $429 Yard Machines Splitter, but Super Weird Conv.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkxingu

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2007
S.NH
Was checking on status of my order when a 'customer service chat box' popped up. Here's the transcript:

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Cortney'
Cortney: Welcome to The Home Depot. How may I assist you today?
S: Hi Cortney, can you tell me where my splitter is? Order number. Haven't heard a thing in four days.
Cortney: I will be happy to check on that for you.
Cortney: I apologize that your order has been processing longer than normal.
Cortney: I submitted a request for you to be contacted within the next 1-2 business days with the order's estimated ship time.
Cortney: Once the order ships, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email with all of your tracking information.
S: So, no information on when it should ship?
Cortney: No, not at this time. I show the order is still being processed.
S: OK, and do you know how it will be delivered?
Cortney: This is going standard ground delivery so it will be delivered by either UPS or FedEx.
S: OK. What should I do in the meantime?
Cortney: I submitted a request for you to be contacted within the next 1-2 business days with the order's estimated ship time.
S: OK. You having a good day?
Cortney: I am having a great day! How are you?
S: I'm well. You ever been hit on by someone through this here 'live chat' thingie?
Cortney: Yes, plenty of times.
S: Damn, and I thought that was a super-creepy question. How do you feel about the Stihl vs. Husqvarna argument?
Cortney: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Cortney: I've never heard of it.
S: And I thought you might be the perfect woman.
S: Have a great day!
Cortney: Thank you for shopping with The Home Depot where we strive for excellence. Please close the chat window by clicking on the gray close button on the upper right of your chat window and take a few moments to complete our customer survey. If you would like assistance with your order by phone, please feel free to call us at 800-430-3376. Have a great day.

Kind-of a generic goodbye, no?!

S

Reminds me of the conversations I'd have with telemarketers before I got on the "Do not call" list How are the kids? What's your weather like? How often do you rotate your tires? Used to really frustrate some of 'em.

thinkxingu said:
Was checking on status of my order when a 'customer service chat box' popped up. Here's the transcript:

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Cortney'
Cortney: Welcome to The Home Depot. How may I assist you today?
S: Hi Cortney, can you tell me where my splitter is? Order number. Haven't heard a thing in four days.
Cortney: I will be happy to check on that for you.
Cortney: I apologize that your order has been processing longer than normal.
Cortney: Once the order ships, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email with all of your tracking information.
S: So, no information on when it should ship?
Cortney: No, not at this time. I show the order is still being processed.
S: OK, and do you know how it will be delivered?
Cortney: This is going standard ground delivery so it will be delivered by either UPS or FedEx.
S: OK. What should I do in the meantime?
S: OK. You having a good day?
Cortney: I am having a great day! How are you?
S: I'm well. You ever been hit on by someone through this here 'live chat' thingie?
Cortney: Yes, plenty of times.
S: Damn, and I thought that was a super-creepy question. How do you feel about the Stihl vs. Husqvarna argument?
Cortney: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Cortney: I've never heard of it.
S: And I thought you might be the perfect woman.
S: Have a great day!
Cortney: Thank you for shopping with The Home Depot where we strive for excellence. Please close the chat window by clicking on the gray close button on the upper right of your chat window and take a few moments to complete our customer survey. If you would like assistance with your order by phone, please feel free to call us at 800-430-3376. Have a great day.

Kind-of a generic goodbye, no?!

S
I went to high school with a dude named Cort (short for Cortney) I think you just hit on him.

p.s. proof that it can be a dude's name: http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Cortney

I think at the Home Depot help line Cortney is short for Ratannabha.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, Shawn.... not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Wow..this is gettin really strange//!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think people are in firewood withdrawl..!!!!!!!!!!!

When I find myself confronted with a woman who is clearly interested in me but isn't ready to say it, I like to show up at their workplace and give them the chance in person.

Are you on a first name basis down at the P.D. ?

The splitter is gonna be shipped by FedEx or UPS? I thought UPS had to be under 70 lbs.

thinkxingu said:
...Kind-of a generic goodbye, no?!

I'd say it was a hell of a lot more polite than the one I'd've given you if I had his/her job. %-P

Flatbedford said:
The splitter is gonna be shipped by FedEx or UPS? I thought UPS had to be under 70 lbs.

They will ship 70+ pounds but the cost goes up quickly, regular truck freight is usually the least expensive.

Mabey they will just put a ball on the brown truck and tow it ;)

Yo,
Got the shipping confirmation yesterday--will be delivered by Roadway Express. Never dealt with them, but I'm hoping they'll shoot the pallet right into my garage.

S

Hope they send it on a truck with a liftgate.

thinkxingu said:
Yo,
Got the shipping confirmation yesterday--will be delivered by Roadway Express. Never dealt with them, but I'm hoping they'll shoot the pallet right into my garage.

S

If Your lucky the driver will roll it up the drive for you. Home depot, Lowes, and Walmart usually only pay for the freight to be dropped at the curb although Customer service will tell you "the customer" oh yeah the delivery person will put it on the second floor for you if you want there.

I'm curous how you got a Yard Machine Splitter frm HD at $429. Electric I assume? Don't see anything for that price on their website.

mayhem said:
I'm curous how you got a Yard Machine Splitter frm HD at $429. Electric I assume? Don't see anything for that price on their website.

It was a sale they had a week or so ago. Only lasted a short while before they sold out.

it wasent a SALE yup MAJOR this one cost them good but I AM HAPPY since i was able to get in on that deal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.