Stopped by my stove dealer today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Just some misc. ramblings...

Two weeks ago my dealer had a tent sale going on... I bought a 'demo' hearth pad to replace the redneck pad I concocted a few years ago. A good deal at $50.00...

I also found that the pellets I had bought (actually reserved but not yet paid for) are out of stock... maybe for the season. They are Western Elite's... maybe I should pony up some $$$ so they don't disappear...

The cheapest pellet in stock were the Marth hardwoods at $186.00/ton.

I also looked a stoves for my shop. They are closing out their Kozi's... not going to carry them anymore I believe. The Kozi shop heater is discounted to $1199.00... not bad.

I also looked at a new, cheaper steel stove from the outfit who makes the Quads... Eco-something. The 35K unit was priced at $1699.00 (maybe $1899.00?) IIRC.... was told it has Quad innards with the cheaper, plainer outside. Not sure if that's good or bad (the Quad part).

Looking at all these other brands of stoves I guess I'm spoiled with my St. Croix (with the sometimes maligned Versa-Grate system)... looks like lots of those firepots need scraping everyday. How do you clean 'em on the stoves where they are non-removeable? Kinda looks like a project.

I spent a few minutes with the tech guy in the 'burn room' where the dealer pre-burns every stove to make sure it works correctly... sure was nice and toasty in there with a Quad, a Harmon P-68 and a Lennox all going at once...whew!

I was going to clean my stove today (moved from yesterday which was moved from the day before!).... tomorrow looks much more promising! Time to fire up the leafblower!

better off cleaning now krooser, getting already chilly...!!!

geek said:
better off cleaning now krooser, getting already chilly...!!!

Yep... we've low 40's already... just to the north it's been frosty and into the 30's.

I'm just about ready to head out to the shop to do my cleaning... should be 70+ this afternoon... a beautiful late summer day.

Must be the weather getting to us! I stopped at the local hearth shop on my way home! Love looking at them toys!

We had a slight nip in the air tonight, Might have to close them winders!

Status
Not open for further replies.