Storage ,Buffer/primary tank,and other pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Primary tank with all fittings welded on and drilled out with holesaw ,also three sensor wells fitted. Any one use a triangle tube smart 40 indirect heater? Also a 60 gal extrol expansion tank. hopefully enough for 650 gal.

Will be standing tanks vertically on rims.

Huff

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 482
Nice water heater I'm curious to see how that works out.

How are you setting up your tanks? Is the small one going to be a hydraulic separator?

gg

goosegunner said:
Nice water heater I'm curious to see how that works out.

How are you setting up your tanks? Is the small one going to be a hydraulic separator?

gg

I guess its a hydraulic separator/primary/buffer tank. Seen a few others have it on here .I hope it works good for me.

Huff

I be watching your results, I might want to replace my primary/secondary manifold with a tank.

gg

huffdawg said:
Primary tank with all fittings welded on and drilled out with holesaw ,also three sensor wells fitted. Any one use a triangle tube smart 40 indirect heater? Also a 60 gal extrol expansion tank. hopefully enough for 650 gal.

Huff

Nice looking work huffdawg. I use a triangle tube 40 indirect heater. Works great! Love it. My oil furnace use to heat my hot water and the part of my house the wood stove couldn't. Now I am heating everything with my gassification boiler. Awesome. Just awesome. I get most of my wood for free. Besides the hard work of getting out of the woods. I like that work though. Wish I could do it more often. Have a good one. And keep us posted on your progress. Thanks for the pictures. If you are interested you can see my system on the thread Wood Gun boiler and tank pictures.

Gasifier said:
huffdawg said:

Huff

Nice looking work huffdawg. I use a triangle tube 40 indirect heater. Works great! Love it. My oil furnace use to heat my hot water and the part of my house the wood stove couldn't. Now I am heating everything with my gassification boiler. Awesome. Just awesome. I get most of my wood for free. Besides the hard work of getting out of the woods. I like that work though. Wish I could do it more often. Have a good one. And keep us posted on your progress. Thanks for the pictures. If you are interested you can see my system on the thread Wood Gun boiler and tank pictures.

How low can your storage temps go and still heat DHW with the triangle tube indirect?

Do you feel the 40 is big enough for your family?

gg

I think the buffer tank "hydraulic separator" will work well for you. Wish I could have gone that way, I had to make a trade off due to space limitations.

Don

How low can your storage temps go and still heat DHW with the triangle tube indirect?
Do you feel the 40 is big enough for your family?
gg

The length of time the storage temps can go and still heat the DHW with the triangle tube indirect will depend on the size of your storage(mine is 400) and the insulation value on the tank(s). When there is no heat demand from house and I am only only heating hot water I can get over a day out of the storage I have. [Now, this time is following the advise of using less wood if you do not let the temperature drop to much. Apparently you go through more wood bringing it back up to high temp the larger the temp. difference is. This is my first year with gassifier. And the advise that you really need at least 150 degree temp to heat the hot water.] So, I was not letting it get below 140, depending on how long I was away. Now I am trying not to let it go below 160. I currently only have one spray foam kit on my tank though. That amounts to 3-4 inches on the top half of tank and 1-2 inches on the bottom half. I am going to add another kit next year when I can afford it. Hopefully in the early spring. Eventually I would like 6 inches of spray foam from top to bottom. That would give me about an R-40. The T.T. 40 indirect is plenty big enough for my family. It provides endless hot water. Amazing. Seven years in action with Peerless oil boiler heating it. One month with the Wood Gun. No problems.

Still trying to figure out how to lift the buffer tank in the boiler room ,four strong backs I think.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 336
Nice. That looks like it is going to be a hell of a boiler room. Have fun with the install and keep us posted. Pretty handy haveing that Bobcat. :coolsmile:

Gasifier said:
huffdawg said:

Huff

Thanx Gasifier. I have been envying your pics. and system. because yours is finished and mine isn't. I am also like you when you like to keep everthing neat and tidy.my familly thinks I have O.C.D. They stand around and watch me do everthing. Lol.
I also love cutting wood . I have a modified husky saw ,and luv watching the chips fly out of it.

Beers

huffdawg said:
Gasifier said:
huffdawg said:

Huff

Thanx Gasifier. I have been envying your pics. and system. because yours is finished and mine isn't. I am also like you when you like to keep everthing neat and tidy.my familly thinks I have O.C.D. They stand around and watch me do everthing. Lol.
I also love cutting wood . I have a modified husky saw ,and luv watching the chips fly out of it.

Beers

Good sign off! :lol: And I like your "formal" signature. Now I am going to take a chance and assume. (Taking the chance of making and ass- out of -u-me. Please don't get offended if I am wrong. I am assuming the clingons are your children. :) Is that right? How old are they? I have 4 children. 1) 20y.o., 2&3) 7y.o. twins 4) 4y.o. Have a good one man. And keep us posted with pictures. I hope everything goes smooth for you.

Yup the clingons are my kids. 18 yr old daughter,15yr old daughter and 9 yr old son. And 40 yr old wife that looks 30 of course. And there all # 1. Mst have your hands full with 7yr old twins.

Beers

Status
Not open for further replies.