Storm contact resource

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the note. Mass is feeling the initial serious stages of the storm now too. Good luck "riding" it out

Great info, thanks! We're currently in the middle of the pounding here in Upstate NY. I'm at work on the southern shore of Ontario, so we're keeping a pretty close eye on the waves. No real storm swells or anything to be concerned about yet, but the National Weather Service was calling for potential 15' swells.

This storm reminds me of hurricane Diane back in 1954. We lived in Westchester, NY then. I remember tiny streams turning into rivers. Power went out for days and Dad had a generator with extension cords running the neighbors place as well as ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.