Storm?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods

Attachments

• map_specnews02_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg
    map_specnews02_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 156
Hope you get some rain but no bad storms.

I'll sure smile if we get some rain, but no strong storms needed.

Reactions: ScotO
I came into Potsdam NY when this thing hit downtown and other areas, the street lights went out just when I made it to the second light on Market Street. I went down Leroy street to bypass downtown, the water was crazy going down the streets, garbage cans floating past you with trees and powerlines down in certain areas.

We did get some rain but never the straight line winds Potsdam received. I talked to a man that pulled off the side of the road in Potsdam then made it south to Colton, he said he saw a funnel drop down from the sky. He was on his way to Tupper Lake but I told him they had a warning out for Cranberry Lake and Tupper Lake so he was waiting it out for a bit.

http://northcountrynow.com/

zap

Zap we camped in the woods just outside of Odessa last night (southern tip of Lake Seneca) we could see the sky lighting up all night from that storm that went across NY. It missed us completely, but we got caught up in a HELL of a storm on the way home this afternoon on I-80 just west of the Susquehanna River. It rained so bad you couldn't even see in front of you. We made it home safe and sound, but there's storm warnings up for all evening here in the central Pennsylvania mountains.....

That's bad indeed. Looks like BroBart is about to get visited by yet another gollywhomper too.

Thanks certified106, it was a hairy ride thats for sure. In 2008 I was in the middle of the micro burst that hit this area, looked in my mirror and two cars behind me a tree came down, heart was racing that day, we still have some trees that are hung up from that storm.

Scotty Overkill, glad you and the family made it home safe. Sounds like the rain you were driving in was the same we had. Potsdam had a chit load of flash flooding. I guess the weather service won't call it a tornado, took the roof off of our favorite pizza place, Sergi's. (Relative)

zap

Reactions: ScotO
Zap, I must have been right behind you. I had a business meeting to go to in Potsdam .Guess I should have checked the news or listened to the radio before heading out. Gf called me to make sure the car was alright..lol... we only had 150 -200 miles on it. Thankfully, I have not heard of any injuries.

Reactions: zap
I think it was about 3:15 when I was at the second light coming in on Market Street, the last weather report I saw had it going North of Massena. When I left Massena that day the rain and lightning were real bad but Potsdam was a whole different animal, glad your okay.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.