Storms take a new victim in Alabama...be careful out there.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intheswamp said:
http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=14833724

Russellville, Ala. man killed by falling tree

Ill let the professionals cut the trees, Ill take it form there. After the latest tornado ripped through here Wednesday travelling along a heavily wooded path, hitting 7 towns, there has to be so much wood. I see tree services comeing from out of state to help with this cleanup, I just havent found out where they're putting all the wood yet. Nice thing about tornado damaged wood, it gets debarked.

Looks like the key here is, "...injured while trying to cut a tree that had been damaged by recent storms." So the tree was damaged and any time you have a damaged tree you need to take special precautions. I feel for his family as that has to be a tough row to hoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.