Stove And Pellet Ripoff in Hoosick Falls NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a major bummer. I'll post a link in the pellet forum.

Some people just really suck. The reality of that fact which makes me the saddest is that it tends to make us so untrusting of anyone we don't know...when in fact, I think the vast majority of people are perfectly honest. He's carbon-based, why not put him through the pellet mill & make fuel out of him? :coolgrin: Rick

BeGreen said:
That's a major bummer. I'll post a link in the pellet forum.

Yeah I tried to post it over there right after this one but got the famous unable to blah blah blah at this time. Thanks.

This is just one example of what we are going to see a lot of. Skipped withholding tax deposits, kited payroll deposits, slow payment of accounts, customer deposits spent on the light bill etc. Short term small business financing has disappeared.

Well, most of it. I get several calls a week either wanting to increase my business credit lines or offering new ones. But hit'em with the big question and ya find out that there are interest rate time bombs hiding in all of them.

what did it say? I cant open the page, it says I dont have acess or something like that

fossil said:
He's carbon-based, why not put him through the pellet mill & make fuel out of him? :coolgrin: Rick

Good idea, but the slime might plug up a perfectly good running stove. :)

Hanko said:
what did it say? I cant open the page, it says I dont have acess or something like that

Here ya go, Hank:

HOOSICK Falls—Homeowners are already anxious over the expected higher heating costs for this coming winter but can you imagine having to pay twice?
A Hoosick Falls man is under arrest for allegedly taking at least $16,000 from at least 16 customers who had paid him for products to heat their homes. Dennis A. Murray, 48, owner of Valley Hearth and Pellet, allegedly took the money as down payments from the people for wood stoves and pellets. Police said Murray took the money but never delivered the products and in fact, hadn’t even ordered the goods. He has been charged with first degree scheme to defraud and fourth degree grand larceny, both felonies. Police said more charges are likely and that in all, there will be likely 40 to 50 victims who were defrauded up to $3,000 each. Murray has been remanded to the Rensselaer County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail. Anyone who placed orders with Murray and did not receive the products can call police at 518-686-7900. 10-11-08

fossil said:
Some people just really suck. The reality of that fact which makes me the saddest is that it tends to make us so untrusting of anyone we don't know...when in fact, I think the vast majority of people are perfectly honest. He's carbon-based, why not put him through the pellet mill & make fuel out of him? :coolgrin: Rick

Gotta burn better than weasels.

gyrfalcon said:
...Gotta burn better than weasels.

Ferrets. C'mon, raptor...keep yer mammals straight. ;-P Weasel's are too big. Burning this particular weasel in this article would probably make me want to sweep my chimney before it even cooled down. I won't be burning any weasel pellets. (BTW, if I'd had any idea that you were a copy editor, I'd have thought twice about sending you my Owl story...I imagine by now it's chock full of red-penciled deles & stets? :lol: ) Rick

Hoosick is a real small area on the VT border (near Burlington). Everybody seems to be related or at least know eachother. I'm surprised something like this happened up there.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.