Stove and Pellet thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcgr8one

Oct 24, 2012
Southern NH
I would like to thank all of you. I have owned my stove for a month now and have gathered so much information.

The other night my Harmon was making a whistle sound and this site had the answer in 2 seconds.

As far as pellets go here are my thoughts.
GS - all my neighbors buy New England wood pellets from our local stove shop at 259 a ton. From reading on here GS is the same thing. Well I think my stove does not like them. Good heat and burn time but to dirty.

Inferno - stay away

Maine wood pellets - decent and not as dirt but a little bit more pricy.

Vermonts- best so far. Tons of heat and no daily scrapping required. Glad I bought these by the tons.

Fireside - hearing good things his year and they are up next.

Canawick - co worker gave me a bag and I will let you know later. She swears by them but for the price I think I would just stick with the Vermonts.

Didnt like the GS either. Turned the inside of my stove an orangeish color. The Genevas did the same. VT's are a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.