Stove Chow / Home Depot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VTJake said:
197.00 Home Depot Rutland Vt.

How are Stove Chow?
Good pellet, and that's a very nice price....grab as many as you can.

VTJake said:

How are Stove Chow?

Grab all you can and the sooner the better!!

I got Maine's choice from Lowes at $209.00 per ton this spring.

If you get them fresh off the truck the day they arrive if you can before home depot leaves then out in the rain and rips them open!!

Attachments

• PelletFuelEquivilance.jpg
    PelletFuelEquivilance.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 843
Don2222 said:
VTJake said:

How are Stove Chow?

If you get them fresh off the truck the day they arrive if you can before home depot leaves then out in the rain and rips them open!!

the price of one bag of pellets may be equal to 2.5 gallons of oil, but the bag only has 8000 BTU whereas the 2.5 of oil has 266,000 BTU and that is the last time I defend oil.

smwilliamson said:
Don2222 said:
VTJake said:

How are Stove Chow?

the price of one bag of pellets may be equal to 2.5 gallons of oil, but the bag only has 8000 BTU whereas the 2.5 of oil has 266,000 BTU and that is the last time I defend oil.

Hi Scott

That's about 8,300 BTUs per lb of wood pellets I believe.

1 bag = 40 x 8,300 = 332,000 BTUs

According to the wood pellet manufacturers

For example see >> http://www.woodpellets.com/heating-fuels/wood-pellets.aspx

Cleanfire™ Pacific pellets are known for their high heat and low ash content. Not only are they tested at the mill to ensure super-low ash and high BTU, but they’re also certified through independent third-party labs to ensure the highest quality. Cleanfire™ Pacific pellets are sourced from the Western forests of North America, and include material recycled from standing deadwood. Ash residue ranges from 0.3% - 0.5%, which means CleanFire™ Pacific pellets meet the PFI super-premium ranking for ash content, and the heat output typically ranges from 8200 – 8400 BTU/pound.

Attachments

• WoodPellets.jpg
    WoodPellets.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 786
Ive heard mixed reviews about the stove chow. Some people hate them and some love them. Definately try before you buy.

Don2222 said:
smwilliamson said:
Don2222 said:
VTJake said:

How are Stove Chow?

Hi Scott

That's about 8,300 BTUs per lb of wood pellets I believe.

You have to burn off the moisture first, all biomass has a usable btu output of 8k

1 bag = 40 x 8,300 = 332,000 BTUs

According to the wood pellet manufacturers

For example see >> http://www.woodpellets.com/heating-fuels/wood-pellets.aspx

Cleanfire™ Pacific pellets are known for their high heat and low ash content. Not only are they tested at the mill to ensure super-low ash and high BTU, but they’re also certified through independent third-party labs to ensure the highest quality. Cleanfire™ Pacific pellets are sourced from the Western forests of North America, and include material recycled from standing deadwood. Ash residue ranges from 0.3% - 0.5%, which means CleanFire™ Pacific pellets meet the PFI super-premium ranking for ash content, and the heat output typically ranges from 8200 – 8400 BTU/pound.

CJ-SR4ever said:
Ive heard mixed reviews about the stove chow. Some people hate them and some love them. Definately try before you buy.

The majority of members who bought last years batch were very happy with them. Hopefully, this years are just as good.

imacman said:
CJ-SR4ever said:

The majority of members who bought last years batch were very happy with them. Hopefully, this years are just as good.

I know that Admin hates it when we do this but SC is the aforementioned $197 at HD Seabrook NH. 28 ton on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.