Stove Chow Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sawdust1

Nov 9, 2008
Western MA
Burning stove chow from Home Depot Wilbraham MA. They are burning really hot. Pellet size is small. Have not had to raise heat setting above 2. Any one else using these pellets?

I used them too last winter, or the year prior. .I think I concluded that they "burn hot" because of their size...there are LOTS of pellets getting to my pot thus causing more heat.. the drawback was that i was going through a bag in the lowest setting in 12 hrs or so.. vs other bags which almost reached 22 hrs.

Reactions: the pony boy
I bought some at beginning of season to burn before it got cold, I have about 12 bags left and usually burn them 1-2 days before a cleaning.. they do burn hot but are a bit on the ashy side.. but I’d say a decent pellet if you don’t mind cleaning a little bit more often, definitely better than some out there

That's all I have been burning the last few years. Dirty but they make good heat. $249 a ton from HD, and they have plenty of supply.

My local HD had them but their last shipment was green supreme by lignetics. My stove really likes them $250 per ton. have 6t coming fri. for $200 ton + delivery. Merry Christmas to me..

Reactions: vinny11950
I'm using them in my ecoteck. Had to change so engineering settings to get them to our cleaner, but on setting 2 throw a lot of heat.
I had to reduce auger feed, increase exhaust speed and increase the freq. Of the self clean.

I tried a few bags. Decent BTU’s but dirty. I’ve burned the stove chow, green supremes, lignetics 100% hardwood and energex this year. The energex has been the cleanest and has solid heat.