stove ID for a coworker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bears12th

Feb 28, 2008
Eastern Connecticut
Got a coworker who moved recently into an older house that has this stove in the masonry fireplace. Any ideas on what this stove is and where he might find a manual? Thanks in advance.

PIC FOUND BELOW!!!!

good grief thats a large pic. I have no idea how to do pics on this here site. Sorry in advance. Hope this works.

****NOTE**** It didn't work, find pic below and thanks for your help!!!

So I am lame, no arguments from me on this one. I think I cropped this enough to work and have it in a place for it to be useful. Maybe. No guarantees.

I'm guessing Englander, but could be way off. Looking for brand and model if possible. Trying to find manual and replacement information for parts etc. for the guy.

Thanks, and sorry I am lame.

Attachments

• IMG_1993-1.jpg
    IMG_1993-1.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 326
No problem, lots of folks have this problem first time around. Your picture shows fine now.

The stove does look like an early 13NC without its pedestal, but I'm not sure. Maybe Mike or BBart will log in on this one.

im not sure what it is , but its definately not an englander. too many small things like the hinges and the shape of the spring handle and the door itself that we've never used. definately not an ESW product

Thanks BeGreen and Stoveguy for the quick response. Running through pictures of stoves as we speak. Thank you for your help and input.

Looks like an Energy King from the 90's to me. If you can get behind it there is probably an U.L. Tag on the stove

Bonzo said:
Looks like an Energy King from the 90's to me. If you can get behind it there is probably an U.L. Tag on the stove

Just got a text when the stove cooled off, he got around to the backside of his stove, and you Mr. Bonzo, win the prize. Energy King 900 from around 1989. Don't know a thing about it, never heard of it, and a new project of finding out info and trying to help the guy maybe figure out a way to use it or replace it, perhaps.

Thanks for your help everyone. As always, you all are amazing. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.