stove is broke i need help!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beccaj

Feb 1, 2011
southern md
We bought a saranac pellet stove less then a year ago and just recently are stove wouldn't turn on at all and we replaced the ignitor and the auger motor and now it will turn on but no pellets drop auger doesn't turn. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Welcome to the forum,

It sounds as if it might be the vacuum switch if no pellets are dropping in the pot. Or the hose that attaches to the vacuum switch.

You want to be sure you have no leaks, such as around the door seal, and any other places that should be closed that could let air in which would affect the negative pressure and cause pellets not to feed.

Im sure some of the experts will chime in on this shortly, as I dont have a Saranac stove.

Nicholas440 said:
Im sure some of the experts will chime in on this shortly, as I dont have a Saranac stove.

As Nicholas said, check the vacuum switch. Has the stove been kept clean? Hopefully you got the replacement parts under warranty, as I have a feeling the auger motor wasn't the problem in the first place.

I'm sure forum member "Smokey the Bear", who owns a Hudson River stove, will be along fairly quickly.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Did it by any chance stop due to an over temperature situation.

If so, you need to locate the high temperature safety and reset it.

It is on the left hand side (facing the stove front) of the heat exchanger near the top of the exchanger.

There is a little red button in the center of it, press it in and it should go in a little bit and stay.

Now you should do this with the stove off and unplugged. Then you can plug the stove back in and press the on button.

Please note if this is happening you have other issues that need to be addressed.

Number one on the list is to clean and oil your convection blower. It is likely that the convection blower stopped running because the thermal protection shut the blower off.

I would check the high temp switch first as Smokey suggested. This has happened to me before and that is all it was. I have also run into problems where the auger chute gets plugged with fines and jams.

I guess beccaj doesn't want to talk to us.

In case you haven't worked on that particular model yet Scott, they have a manual reset high limit switch and a convection blower that if not oiled or cleaned will shutdown due to thermal overload and shortly after that happens the stove goes into high limit shutdown.

SmokeyTheBear said:

In case you haven't worked on that particular model yet Scott, they have a manual reset high limit switch and a convection blower that if not oiled or cleaned will shutdown due to thermal overload and shortly after that happens the stove goes into high limit shutdown.

thanks!!!! you just solved a problem I having with a TASMAN Insert...WOW, and I wasn't even asking...seriously, thanks a million and Chris Roy thanks you too!

Wow!!!! Wish you guys worked on cars too....Nothing like instant repair at your finger tips. What a great place!!!!

smwilliamson said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

thanks!!!! you just solved a problem I having with a TASMAN Insert...WOW, and I wasn't even asking...seriously, thanks a million and Chris Roy thanks you too!

That's the same stove stove line and so are the Savannah Stoves. I also believe, but don't know for certain, that there are a couple more stove lines out there as well.

mralias said:
Wow!!!! Wish you guys worked on cars too....Nothing like instant repair at your finger tips. What a great place!!!!

Sometimes it isn't instant, most of the time there isn't enough information given so a large question and answer session sometimes takes place. If the OP doesn't want to or can't answer the questions the list of possible solutions can get rather long and daunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.